Thursday, April 16, 2009

Best.Cupcakes.Ever!

A couple weeks ago, I went back to Tallahassee for my sorority reunion and had a blast catching up with everyone! Funny enough the topic of cupcakes came up, not once, not twice, but three times and a little debate started about which cupcake in America was the best. Now mind you, I have not tried EVERY cupcake in America and my waist, thanks me. But, I've tried a couple "popular" ones, like Sprinkles and Magnolias and they are NOTHING compared to The Cake Shop, which is located in good ole Tallahassee, FL!!! The cupcakes there are to die for!! I think it would be what heaven taste like...please Lord make it so. :)



They have many options at the Cake Shop, but the dollar cupcake (yeah...that's right big city cupcakes with your $4 price) are simple and perfect! Yellow cake, that is light as air and topped with REAL buttercream frosting (they have a sign that says they don't make white icing...love it) that is fluffy and not too sweet. They are pure perfection!

So, who makes your favorite cupcake? Oh, and feel free to send them my way :)

5 comments:

Amy Z said...

Girl, you know I am right there with you in your love of Cake Shop cupcakes! I think I will pick some up tomorrow - you've made me crave them!!

Katy said...

Sweet! by Good Golly Miss Holly here in Orlando.. they are To. Die. For. !.

Simply Southern said...

you know i agree with you on the cake shop.. I may have to go scoop one up tomorrow as you know have them on the brain.. i shall call you to share in my indulgence!

Kristin Deaton said...

Magnolia Bakery in NYC. FABULOUS

jsbh said...

Heather - look at all this traffic on your blog - eyeyeyey chica - nice job. you are too precious. I finally visited The Cake Shop with my mother and Marc last Saturday. I had never been there (too far away). My mother bought the place out. I wanted to buy you a t-shirt, in fact I tried, but they only had size XS fitted, baby doll t's. REALLY????????? We said a toast to you in honor of our trip to the shop. P.S. my Peace Corps friend's boyfriend designed their logo - small town 6 degrees of separation for you. xoxo