Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Happy Cinco de Mayo

I LOVE Mexican food!! I could eat it every day, seriously! My husband thinks that one day I'll turn into cheese dip! :) But, today I thought I'd focus on the drinks that make today, so fun! First up is a beerita/poor man's margarita...



1 full size can of limeade concentrate, mostly defrosted

1 cup of tequila -my fave is Patron, but it's not my birthday anymore and if it's not yours, then any tequila will work :)

4 beers, preferably a Mexican one, such as Corona or Tecate, but you can use any kind of beer

Mix all together in a pitcher, serve over ice in a glass with a salted rim and throw in a lime to dress it up!


I know what your thinking...beer & tequila?? But, don't knock til you try it! I've never meet anyone who didn't like my beeritas! :)


Next up, Pomegranate Margaritas....



1 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
2 1/2 cups pomegranate juice
1 cup aƱejo tequila
3/4 cup fresh lime juice

In a small saucepan, combine the sugar and water and simmer over high heat, stirring, until the sugar has dissolved; let cool completely.
In a tall pitcher, combine the sugar syrup with the pomegranate juice, tequila and lime juice. Stir well, fill the pitcher with ice and stir again. Pour into 10 margarita, martini or cordial glasses.


We made these at friends house and they were very good! Though, we did have a fit with the limes to get that much juice from them. We found popping the limes in the microwave for a couple seconds helped, as did rolling them on the counter to soften them.


I hope you all enjoy these drinks and any fun plans you have today!



I just had to post this cute pic! Too fun!!

(all photos from Flickr)

1 comment:

jsbh said...

that monkey in the sombrero is TOO cute!