Friday, February 20, 2009

Oscar Weekend

I always look forward to the Oscars! I love movies and seeing all the big players come together and dressed to the nines! What's not to love about all that? This Sunday happens to be my book club meeting, so we've turned it into an Oscar party as well. We're going to serve a couple Oscar related drinks, The Ultimate Blueberry Martini

and The Red Carpet Fizz
The hosts have decide to do a taco bar, so in keeping with the Mexican theme and Oscar theme, I've decided to make Texas Caviar:

2 cans of Trappy's black eyed peas, rinsed and drained

1 can of Rotel

Diced green, yellow & red bell peppers

1/2 purple onion, diced

3/4 cup zesty Italian salad dressing (don't do low fat, stick with the regular Zesty)

1/2 lime, juiced

small bunch of cilantro, chopped

1 can of mexi-corn, drained

1 jalapeno, chopped (take out the seeds for less heat)

salt & pepper

couple dashes of hot sauce

Stir all together and chill for a couple hours, before serving with corn and tortilla chips.

Also, it's fun to have a couple Oscar Ballots on hand and for correct answers you could hand out your own Chocolate Oscars

Hope everyone has a great weekend and all your favorites win!


3 comments:

jsbh said...

you always know the cool people and the fun stuff H - I love it! I am living vicariously!

jsbh said...

ugh. I hating wanting things; it's such a 'seven deadly sins' kind of activity. I really WANT one of these pillows: http://www.jonathanadler.com/shop/home.php?cat=347

and it is ALL YOUR fault miss H!

Heather said...

Those are really cute pillows, good find! I might have to use them in a future post. :)