Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Huntsville is #1

This post isn't the freshest of news and I've been meaning to post it for a couple weeks, but I thought I can still post old news, right?! Well, drum roll please.....Huntsville, AL was voted #1 2009 city by Kiplinger.com

That is great news for the city, businesses and it's residents!! Kiplinger was something I read often when I was working in finance and it is a highly respected organization, so that's just icing on the cake for the City of Huntsville!

I want to throw it out there, that I'm no expert on why Huntsville, AL is number 1, but I've lived here a year and I thought I want to know what makes it the best to residents that live here. To be honest it hasn't been the easiest of transitions for me and I need to become more familiar with all the interesting things going on in Huntsville and things that would make it easier for people who might be new to the area like me. So, with the new blog format, I thought I'd dedicate Tuesdays to Huntsville and what makes it special. I think this is win win for me and all the other newbies in town. :)

Do you live in Huntsville, if so, what makes it special to you? What are your favorite spots and things to do?

I'm looking forward to discovering more about the #1 city with all of you!

2 comments:

Simply Southern said...

congrats girl.. cant wait to hear more about the #1 city

jsbh said...

that is a great idea and a good way to start