Saturday, September 17, 2011

Cake Batter Pie

I found this recipe on Pinterest and I just had to try it! Who doesn't like cake batter?!?! So, I thought while cooking dinner and waiting for the baby to wake up was a PERFECT time to try something I've never made before!! Don't you think?!


The back left pot is the pie filling cooking, the other pots are part of dinner, which was Chicken and Wild Rice Soup, can't go wrong with a Southern Living recipe! It's a little thick, so to make it more soup like I add more broth and sometimes more cream too :) Emerson enjoyed it too, probably not the best thing for her, since the broth has salt in it, but it's hard to keep her away from our plates! Personally, I think she likes whatever were eating, even if she doesn't like the taste :)

Ok, back to the pie...wasn't too hard, I added an extra tablespoon of cake flour and used Vienna Finger cookies and when I went to try it, this is what I found!!!


Ummmm...that's not what her pie looked like..


I think I have a pie destroyer...named Dan!!! The pie does taste like cake batter flavored pudding, but it's not cake batter, you know? If you try it, let me know how you liked it. Oh, I also used cool whip to top it...I'm all about using what we have in the house :)


heather

No comments: